The German Cooperation Startup Camp
Join founders, entrepreneurs, investors and experts from the West Balkan 6 countries. Exchange ideas, experiences and elevator pitches.
Learn how to pitch and how to talk with investors.
The Startup Camp will be parallel to the main event during the two days. The venue is at the Sports Center “Boris Trajkovski”, across the main EXPO hall.
Happening in an informal atmosphere, ideas and knowledge will be exchanged between startups and companies attending the Digital Summit.
The German Cooperation Startup Camp has four different key lines of activities:
- Inspirational talks that address startups;
- The workshop “Winning founders: how to communicate, pitch, and sell like a world-class startup CEO” for the participating startups;
- The pitching competition;
- An open innovation lab
Short keynote speeches on topics relevant to startups.
Workshop “Winning founders: how to communicate, pitch, and sell like a world-class startup CEO”
This workshop is for the participating startups, with a duration of approximately half a day. The workshop will be conducted by Mr Max Gurvits, an investor who knows the Western Balkan region very well and who will be able to coach the participating startups.
Open Innovation Lab
Startups elaborate solutions for the digital economies of the West Balkan countries. Input will be provided by companies from the EXPO.
Max Gurvits is a US/European entrepreneur and investor. Graduated as a lawyer, Max founded an online legal services company in Amsterdam in 2008. In 2011, he sold the business and moved to Bulgaria, where he was on the founding team of one of the biggest regional tech acceleration programs and funds (Eleven Startup Accelerator and EUR 12m seed fund).
Active in Europe and the Middle East as startup advisor and angel investor, Max organizes the TRACTION Camp and Startup AddVenture series of events, connecting founders to skills and capital. In 2016, Max joined Cross Border Angels as Director for CEE and MENA, syndicating 1-2 monthly investments with over 70+ angels and investment firms. In 2017, Max joined a team of data entrepreneurs as a founding team member of a stealth-mode data startup based out of London. He also runs a number of ecosystem and networking initiatives, including Summit Summit (http://summitsummit.io) and Entrepreneur-In-Residence (http://eir-europe.com).
1. Max Gurvits: Why technology entrepreneurship is the best way to create prospering societies
2. Oliver Pugh: How to start a business with no money
3. Vesna Ivanoska: Opening the GATE of Startup Europe to the Balkans: MY-GATEWAY Project
4. Igor Madzov (South Central Ventures and Startup Macedonia): To investment and Beyond
The pitching competition will take place on the second day of the conference (19th April). Participating start-ups shall present their idea for business.
After the pitch the jury will give brief feedback to the participants. The jury will rate the pitches according to the following criteria:
- Innovation of the product;
- Realization / market orientation;
- Scalability and soft skills.
Based on this, the winning startup will be selected.
Winning founders: how to communicate, pitch, and sell like a world-class startup CEO
In this workshop, Max Gurvits will work with participating founders preparing them for the meetings and situations that turn startups into successful international businesses. Max is a serial entrepreneur, who has run a number of technology, investment, and services companies in Europe and US, and is active on the Balkans startup scene as facilitator and advisor.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Startup Storytelling vs. Pitching
- How to Find the Right Kind of Investor, and Pitch Them Successfully
- Tips and Tricks for Closing Big Sales and Investment Deals