Country Director Serbia, Semos Education and CEO, Edtech Center Western Balkans
Aleksandar is born in 1980 in Ljubljana. He has a degree from Faculty of Economics, University in Belgrade and has 18+ years of experience in leading and managing initiatives in area of education, digital skills and education technology. He is father of two.
Currently Aleksandar is Country of Director for Serbia in Semos Education, which is one of the largest IT training providers in the Western Balkans with over 60,000 attendees to date. Aleksandar is also CEO of EdTech Center in the Western Balkans, a charity that has a mission to improve students learning by better connecting world of education and world of technology.
Aleksandar has a rich experience in managing programs with a focus on pre-school, primary and secondary education. He has provided consultancy to governments in the Western Balkans region, in order for them to develop and implement new policies and standards in the field of education, entrepreneurship and employment. Some of his achievements include:
- He is one of the founders of EdTech Center Western Balkans, a only regional platform that is managing EdTech ecosystem and works with Education, Business and Government sector;
- He has successfully set-up company in Serbia, Semos Education that delivers high end trainings (AWS, Microsoft, Cisco, VmWare, etc.) to business and individual customers;
- He has developed and led education programs for British Council in the Western Balkans with focus on EdTech, Entrepreneurship, VET and Digital Skills;
- He was team leader of IPA 2012 project “Increasing the Effectiveness of Employment Policies towards Disadvantaged Groups” that provided training and pre-qualification opportunity to over 2600 individuals from Serbia;
- He has established and managed the New Technologies in Education show, that was attended by over 7500 people in 2017. This program has provided 80,000 hours of training and professional development for educators, primary and secondary school teachers in the field of technology-assisted learning;
- Implemented the projects which aimed to develop a new education curriculum for elementary schools with a focus on the introduction of coding, and the development of the Digital Competence Framework for Teachers;
- Managed a project “Guide to better Cooperation with Employers”, which aimed to support all VET school from the Western Balkans to establish better connection school and employers and prepare young people for world of work;
- Manage the project “Support to Innovative Small and Medium Enterprises” supported by USAID, aimed at increasing competitiveness in the SME market;
- EACEA external evaluator for Erasmus projects